You may see “err_name_not_resolved” error in google chrome when you try to open internet. That is likely to occur if something is not good with the DNS address of your windows or mac. The error err name not resolved also occurs on your android and iPhone or iPad too. These are really irritating and prevents your from loading the webpages and connecting to internet. As a result of the error code in your google chrome, you cannot access the content from web. No worries! In this article i will help you fix err_name_not_resolved android, iPhone, Mac or Windows error.
- 1 How to Fix Err_ Name_Not_Resolved Windows 10/Mac/Android/iPhone Error in Google Chrome
Understand Err_ Name_Not_Resolved Error
This is a similar error and even it’s a part of the error “This Webpage is Not Available” in google chrome. This particular error occur in your google chrome when the particular website is blocked by the DNS servers. In detail, the DNS servers are blocking the particular website you are trying to look in your google chrome.
There are various reasons involved in this issue. The Local DNS Cache and Expired browser cache might be the cause. Scroll down to fix Err Name Not Resolved Error on Windows 10/8.1/7, Mac, iOS and Android.
How to Fix Err_ Name_Not_Resolved Windows 10/Mac/Android/iPhone Error in Google Chrome
Every device will be having a particular DNS Servers and DNS addresses. That will help your device and you to access various resources across the web through a browser. If something wrong happens with the DNS on your device, the web browser prevents you access the resources from the browser. So here are few fixes to resolve the issue very easy.
Method 1 : Delete Cookies, Cache, Browsing Data in Google Chrome [Windows, Mac, Android, iOS]
This the simple method to resolve err_name_not_resolved error on google chrome. You can apply this method on any of the operating systems but in google chrome. Let us follow the simple instructions using which you can accomplish the method. There are actually three approaches to delete browser cookies and cache. Let me help you with all of them here in this article.
- Press Control+Shift+Delete (Twice) in your google chrome web browser to “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Copy chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and Paste it in the url bar of google chrome and hit enter.
- Or Else, Open Chrome >> Preferences >> Settings >> Privacy >> Clear Browsing Data.
Select all the options and click on “Clear Browsing Data”. So that will wipe of all the expired cache and cookies. Try to open the websites and webpages in your google chrome browser now.
So those are the three best approaches to open up the clear browsing data to wipe off the cache and cookies. This method works in windows, mac and iOS, Android. Give it a try to next method if this does not solve your issue.
Method 2 : Flush DNS to Fix Err_Name_Not_Resolved in Windows and Mac
This is the best working method to fix the issue related to the DNS. The method is only be possible in the Windows or Mac computers. You cannot perform this method either in Android or in iPhone, iPad. Try follow the instructions given below to fix the issue using a command prompt.
- Go to Start Menu and Search for Run Box.
- Type “Cmd” in the run box and hit enter.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and then hit enter. That will successfully Flush the DNS Resolver Cache.
- Now, Type “ipconfig /renew” and hit enter.
- Again type “ipconfig /registerdns” and hit enter.
That will be the instructions to flush the DNS. Now everything will work fine in your google chrome browser. Try Manual DNS configuring method if this does not work.
Method 3 : Set Google’s DNS or Open DNS as Your Default DNS Server Address [Windows, Mac]
- Go to Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Centre.
- Go to Network and Internet >> Network Connections.
- Right Click on “Local Area Network” and Click on “Properties”.
- Now, Find “TCP/IPv4” from the list and Click on “Properties”.
- In “General” tab of the IPv4 Settings, Choose “Use the Following DNS Addresses”.
- Enter the DNS server address given below and hit Ok to save changes.
Preferred DNS Server : 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS Server : 18.104.22.168
So those are the best methods to fix err_name_not_resolved windows 10/mac/android/iOS error. If you have any questions, leave that through comments.