Silverlight Error 6013 is caused by the Microsoft silver light plugin. Amazon video uses that Silver Light Plugin to play videos in your web browser. This error will occur when the DRM is in trouble on your computer. That will happen if you are changing the hardware on your computer frequently. Know more about the DRM here. In this article, I am going to help you fix Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Mac os x.
Understand Error 6013 Silverlight
Whenever this error 6013 occurs on your PC, it will crash all current windows and tabs. Your computer will crash frequently generating Error 6013. You might see the error code as “Microsoft Silverlight 6013” frequently on your computer. Windows computer will run slowly, and it will not respond well to your actions.
You might observe the Stuck or Freeze on your computer very frequently for every few minutes. That is the complete information about the Microsoft Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows 10/8.1/7, Mac Os x.
Check different ways to resolve the error so as to continue watching videos without crash or freeze. But, let me help you provide few more details about the error code 6013.
Silverlight Error 6013 Causes
The error may occur anytime on your computer. It can be while shutting down the computer or restarting. And it will happen when you are using the Microsoft Silverlight on your windows 10/8.1/7 or mac os x. Sometimes, you may get this error on your computer if you install any related software that uses the Silverlight. But what will be the cause of the error 6013 on Silverlight?. Check them and try to fix those issues without allowing them as it is.
- The Incomplete installation of Microsoft Silverlight software program.
- Corrupted or Damaged Windows Registry.
- Virus Infection to major components of your Windows computer.
- Corrupt download of the Silverlight program on your Mac or PC.
Those are the most involved causes that will make your computer to generate the runtime error 6013 on Silverlight. Let us check different ways to resolve the errors related to Silverlight. More importantly Error Code 6013 on Silverlight.
How to Fix Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows 10/8.1/7, Mac OS X Macbook Pro/Air/iMac
Method 1: Repair Broken Registry Keys
It will be better if you have any tool that will fix this registry errors. Why because fixing the registry related errors manually is a bit risky thing. I am going to help you fix manually of course. But keep in mind that you need to pay attention to every step, and it’s up to you to go with this method. No worry if you are not able to proceed with this process as we have few more working tricks below. Follow the guidelines to do it manually.
- Press Windows button.
- Type Command and wait.
- Press Control+Shift and Hit Enter.
- Click Yes in the Permission Dialogue Box.
- Type “Regedit” without quotes in the command prompt and hit enter.
- You need to select the error 6013 related programs in the registry editor on your Windows computer.
- Now, Go to File >> Export.
- Select the folder location where you want to save the backup of the Silverlight related program on your computer from Save In Menu.
- Give any Name in the Name Box.
- Select “Selected Branch” in the “Export Range” box.
- Click on Save to save the changes.
- Now you have the backup of registry related files on your computer.
It’s time to stay safe. Get any tool that can help you resolve the error 6013 on Silverlight with registry repairing. Check the next method if you are not satisfied with this one.
Method 2: Clear Junk and Temporary Files on your Computer
This is the important step in fixing the Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows 10/8.1/7 PC. Removing the junk files and temporary files which are of no use is always the best thing. And the guidelines are as follows.
- Press Windows button.
- Type Run in the search box.
- Type CMD in the run box and hit enter then.
- Then, Type “cleanmgr” and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- Disk Cleanup will begin calculating the data of Temporary and Junk Files.
- Click the Checkbox opposite to Temporary Files on your Windows PC.
- You can also check other checkboxes to remove the junk and temporary files.
That is the simple method to fix Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 PC. Check one more alternative method to resolve the same error.
Method 3: Conduct a Full Virus Scan
Virus infection will be a significant cause for various other issues including Silver Light Error 6013. But performing a full virus scan with the best antivirus program will fix all those problems without mercy.
So I would like to say one thing that, get antivirus file that works. Install the antivirus on your computer and give license to the file and then conduct a full virus scan on your computer.
Method 4: Update Drivers
Update the drivers for your Windows computer. Installing the latest versions of hardware drivers will fix various issues on your computer.
Check for the updates from your computer and install if you can find any. Otherwise, go to official websites of the device manufacturers and download the latest version of drivers. Install them on your computer.
Method 5: Re-Install Microsoft Silverlight Program
This method will work for both Mac and Windows computers. The current version of Silverlight software may not be compatible with the operating system. So uninstall the current version of the Silverlight software and the restart your computer. Let me give you step by step instructions re-install the software.
- Press Windows Key and Choose Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs.
- Scroll down the list and Find Silverlight software.
- Click on the software to Uninstall it from your computer.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight Software from the official website.
- Restart your computer after removing the old version.
- Install the latest version of Silverlight Software on your computer.
This can be the simplest fix if the problem is the compatibility of Silverlight software. You can also remove the Silverlight software from your Mac os x computer.
Those are the working methods to Fix Silverlight Error 6013 on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Mac OS X Macbook Pro/Air/iMac. Let us know if you are not able to resolve the problem. Thank You.