Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV is being the most irritating error of all time. Smart TV can help you access movies and programs from various services over the web. Android Tv allows you install Android apps to watch films and programs of course. Netflix is the best movie serving company from America. It was started as a small business that gives the film cassettes and copies for rent. Later it has evolved like the biggest source for movie folks. Thus it has occupied smartphones and computers. Moreover, people can also watch Netflix movies and shows using their smart TVs. There is a broad range of smart tv’s that support Netflix. You may see Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV error.
We can figure out various causes for the error on your LG smart tv. I have got few of them and though I will help you fix Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV.
- 1 How to Fix Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV/Samsung Smart TV/Sony Smart TV in 2017
- 1.1 Case 1: Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV While Creating a New Netflix Account
- 1.2 Case 2: Netflix is Not Working on LG/Samsung/Sony Smart TV While Signing in
Causes of Netflix Not Working Error on LG Smart TV
You may also see that the Netflix stopped working your LG Smart TV. I was using the LG Smart Tv in the home, and then I started watching Netflix for a month successfully, and it was hell awesome. Post to one month of usage, suddenly Netflix started giving issues. It’s been loading on the main screen without proceeding into the movies and videos interface. That hurts me a lot as I was a premium Netflix user. I had premium Netflix accounts, and I was using them to watch my favorite shows and movies on my LG Smart TV.
After few days of the issue, I have tested my Netflix Account on another device with the same router. It is working fine, and I could watch my stuff of course.
I was dumb and then started looking for the fix and posted the same on Netflix support forums too. Possibly, I could able to fix Netflix Not Working Error on my LG Smart TV.
So, I am going to help you fix the issue and looking forward to hearing your feedback on this step-by-step guide.
Check: Netflix Error 1012
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV/Samsung Smart TV/Sony Smart TV in 2017
Many of us may be facing this kind of Netflix errors on the wide range of the devices. Yet LG smart tv is one of them, and we are into that today.
The case of the error might be different from person to person though the device is LG Smart TV only. So I have made few possibilities to help you resolve the Netflix not working error with ease.
Also Check: Netflix Error NW-2-5
Case 1: Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV While Creating a New Netflix Account
This is entirely an initial stage where you may be getting the Netflix not working error. Netflix will generate the error while setting up the New Netflix Account. Here are the simple steps to resolve that error on your LG Smart TV. In this case, the Smart TV can be Samsung and Sony also.
- Open Netflix App from the Launcher bar you can see.
- Click on “Start your free month” from the landing screen of Netflix app on your LG WebOS 1.0 Smart TV.
- Enter your Email ID, Name and Choose a Password.
- Select a Subscription Option.
- Give Payment Information.
- Confirm your account.
That will be the simplest method to install Netflix app on smart tv. It will be super fine if the internet connection is good. Else you may need to reconnect your Smart Tv to the Internet and change the router if needed. Restart your smart tv after making changes to the internet connection on your tv.
Case 2: Netflix is Not Working on LG/Samsung/Sony Smart TV While Signing in
This can be an another case where you will be getting the Netflix not working error while sign in.
Method 1: Reset Forgot Password
If the username and password are not working to access Netflix online. You have the option to reset your Netflix password through Forget Password.
- Click Sign in button to go sign in page.
- Enter Username and Password that you remember.
- Click on Forget Password option to reset the password.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish resetting password.
Method 2: Configure DNS Settings
DNS may prevent you access the internet and Netflix though. That might be because of the Internet Service Provider through which you are connected to the internet.
Follow the instructions given below to set up the working DNS settings.
- Switch off your TV and ISP Router.
- Switch on your television and Router too.
- Check Advanced Network Settings on your Smart TV to check if you are connected to the internet through a router or not.
- If the other devices connected to the same network working fine. Let me help you resolve the issue on your Smart TV.
- Click on Smart Button your Remote.
- And then go to Settings.
- Go to Network in the Settings Menu.
- Choose the Network connection you are using (Wired or Wireless).
- Click Edit and then Uncheck “Set Automatically.”
- Change the DNS to 18.104.22.168. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the method, and that solves the Netflix Not Working Error on Samsung Smart Tv/LG Smart TV/Sony Smart TV.
So now, restart your Smart television and try to access the Netflix to watch movies and shows. This will definitely solve the problem. You can Contact Netflix if the problem still continues.
Method 3: Keyboard Won’t Show Up to Login to Netflix on Smart TV
No Keyboard will be the big issue when it comes to signing in by typing the login credentials on your smart tv. Follow the simple instructions to resolve the issue.
When you get this problem on your Smart TV, restart the TV first. Connect to the Internet, and they try to login to Netflix. If the Netflix app does not show up the keyboard, it will be because of the Netflix App.
Uninstall the Netflix app from your Smart Tv and Restart your Smart TV. Then Re-Install the Netflix App on your smart tv. And then try logging into your Netflix Account to watch movies and shows.
Those are the exemplary methods to fix Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV in 2017. Let me know they are working or not.