Netflix Error NW-2-5 is one of the bunch of Netflix errors that we can see nowadays. But this error is related to Playstation Also. You will be getting this error through PlayStation if you are using Playstation for Netflix. Most of the times, PS3 users are getting this error more than PS4. By the way, Error is the error, and that needs to be fixed either on PS3 or PS4. We can see that there various reasons that cause this error. And of course, we have plenty ways using which we can fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on PS3 or PS4.
- 1 How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Playstation 3/Playstation 4, Blu-ray Player, Roku, Xbox One/360 in 2017 in Less than 2 Minutes
- 2 How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 in Playstation 3/Playstation 4
- 3 How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Roku 1/2/3 Streaming Media Player or Roku Express+
- 4 How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Streaming Media Player or Set-Top Box
- 5 How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Smart TV [Samsung Smart TV, Android TV or Apple TV]
- 6 How to Fix Netflix Error NW 2 5 on Xbox 360/Xbox One in 2017
Understand Netflix Code NW-2-5
It’s internet connection that is preventing your device from connecting to Netflix server and access the contents. This is the common problem on any device, and that can be Playstation3, or Playstation4, etc.
Error may look like,
Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in 7 seconds.
We have few tricks that work in fixing the Netflix Code NW-2-5 on ps3/ps4. We are going to repair the problem in various devices and not only Playstation. That can be Samsung Blu-ray, Smart Tv, Roku, and Xbox.
So this guide can be the One-Stop solution for Netflix Code NW-2-5 on any device in 2017.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Playstation 3/Playstation 4, Blu-ray Player, Roku, Xbox One/360 in 2017 in Less than 2 Minutes
The methods to fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on every device is not same. We have fixes for every device so that you should not be blind in following the same method for every device. Our ultimate aim is to resolve the issue and let our users watch their favorite stuff on Netflix. Let’s see we can fix the problem in the device by device.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 in Playstation 3/Playstation 4
We come to know the cause of the error code NW-2-5 on your PlayStation 4/3. Now we are going to have the fix that will completely resolve the problem and let you access Netflix servers without issues anymore.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection to your Playstation Device
Internet connectivity is a big issue that prevents you access Netflix through Playstation. There is a chance that the public Wifi services in hotels or schools may block Netflix. If that is the case, it’s important for you to connect your PlayStation device to your own network.
If the problem still exists after you connect the device to your home network. The problem can be from your Internet Service Provider. They might prevent the services like Netflix and Popcorn-Time sometimes. So call them and ask them to resolve the problem by allowing you to access Netflix services.
But what if you are on your Mobile Data?. That time, it’s better to move to the other Cellular connection for better internet connection. Or else try another mode of internet.
Method 2: Configure DNS Settings
Follow the simple instructions to check the DNS of your PlayStation. We are going to edit the DNS if necessary.
- Switch on your Playstation 3/Playstation 4.
- Go to Settings from Playstation Main Menu.
- Select Network Settings.
- Click on Internet Connection Settings.
- Click OK.
- Choose Custom.
- Choose Wired or Wireless connection which you are using.
- If wired, Select Auto Detection. If your connection is wireless, Follow the simple steps.
- Click WLAN Section.
- Click on Enter Manually.
- Press on Right Side of the Wizard to get IP Address Settings, SSID and Security Settings along with Password.
- Click on Automatic for IP Address Information.
- Select Do not Set the option for DHCP host name.
- Select Automatic for DNS Settings.
- Click on Automatic for MTU Settings.
- Select Do not Use for Proxy Server.
- Click on Unable for UPnP.
- Wait until you see “Press X button to save the settings.”
- Now, Press “X” from the Joystick.
- Now, Select Test Connection.
So that is it, guys. Restart your Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 now. That will help you save the changes and work usually. Try connecting to Netflix servers from the PlayStation now. It will be super awesome if it works. Else, you have another way to resolve the problem.
Method 3: Connect your Modem/Wired Connection directly to your Playstation
It’s too simple though helpful to fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 in Ps3/Ps4. It will work better when your device is having some Wireless connectivity issues. At that time, wired will be helpful and there won’t be any disconnecting. To do that, follow the simple steps that I am going to give you today.
- Turn off your Playstation 3 or Playstation 4 Gaming Console.
- Use Ethernet Cable to Connect your Modem to the Playstation.
- Unplug your modem from power.
- Wait for 10 Minutes.
- Then, Plug your modem for Power.
- Check if the Green Lights are blinking on your device or not.
- Turn on your Gaming Console and try to connect the device to Netflix.
If everything works well in this method. It means that your router is having some connectivity issues. This can be the temporary solution to your problem. But to get a permanent solution for the problem, better to contact the router company and get assistance from them.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Roku 1/2/3 Streaming Media Player or Roku Express+
Roku is the best solution to stream entertainment to your Smart TV. Moreover, it has lot more channels than any other Streaming Service. It’s a streaming stick, and that should be inserted to your TV. Simple is that you can transform your old to Smart Tv and Watch Thousands of Movies and shows for free. You can get access to Services like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
While accessing Netflix, Many out there getting the Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 in Roku. Here is a quick guide that will take you to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Fix Internet Connection
First, check if you are connected to the internet or not. Get Wifi or Mobile Data connection for your Roku if not connected already.
Check if you are connected to a School Wifi or Office Wifi. There are chances that organizational wifi connection may intentionally block movie streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and PopCorn Time. Try to connect your Roku Device using your own data connection and let’s see if it works or not.
If Roku is successful in connecting to Netflix, we can say that the issue is with your Public Wifi Connection. And what else you can do if you are not even able to fix the problem though connected through your own data connection?. We have an answer for such instances and check them right below.
Method 2: Restart Your Roku 1/2/3 or Roku Express+
Rest is really an important factor for any device that works electronically. Even our computers do need the rest for few hours. In a similar way, Roku needs to have proper rest if it’s been using for a very long time.
And restarting the Roku device will enable you the best user experience. It will help you fix various issues just by rebooting the device. So reboot the Roku device and see if it works in resolving the issue or not.
Method 3: Connect Your Modem to Roku Directly
This is one more best working method. It will definitely fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Roku 1/2/3 or Roku Express+. You can try connecting the Modem to your Roku device directly. That will help you fix the problem without any issues with Netflix. It will help you access Netflix servers and watch movies and videos.
To do that, you have simple steps ahead.
- Remove Roku from Power.
- Use Ether cable to Connect the Modem and Roku.
- Remove Modem from Power for 10 Minutes.
- Plug the Modem to Power again after 10 minutes.
- Wait for some time and try again to access Netflix servers to watch shows and movies.
This time it will work if the problem is actually with your wireless router or wireless network connection.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Streaming Media Player or Set-Top Box
As Netflix is being the best service around the world for movies and talk shows. Most of the people use different devices to access Netflix servers for films and videos of course. One of that device which people uses is a Streaming Media Player and Set-Top Box.
Method 1: Restart the Set-Top Box or Streaming Media Player
The first step that you should carry out is restarting the set-top box or the device with which you are trying to access Netflix. That simple step has the power to resolve Netflix Error NW 2 5 sometimes. Follow the instructions and do them in a similar manner.
- Unplug the device from Power connection.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug your device to power and wait for few seconds. In the meantime, it will initialize the setup.
- Turn your Set-Top Box or Streaming Media Player On with the remote and wait for few seconds.
- Try accessing the Netflix again.
Hope it works this time. Netflix streaming service works if everything is fine after the procedure. You can follow another alternative method to resolve Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Set-Top Box/Streaming Media, Player like VLC, etc.
Method 2: Power Cycle your Home Network/Set-Top Box
We have to go through few steps, and it takes few minutes to complete. But this is an effective method which works best in fixing the Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Set-Top Box/Streaming Media Player. Here you go with it.
- Turn Off your Set-Top Box/Streaming Media Player first.
- Remove your Router and Modem from the Power.
- Wait for few seconds after step 2.
- Plug your Modem and Router to Power and wait for few seconds until you observe blinking lights.
- Connect your device to the Modem or Router.
- Restart your device.
- Try to Access Netflix from your device now.
This method is known as an important method to resolve Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 in less than 2 minutes. We have few other methods that are suitable for various devices. Check them and however get access to Netflix Servers and watch Netflix Movies and Videos.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW-2-5 on Smart TV [Samsung Smart TV, Android TV or Apple TV]
We all know that we use or Smart Tv’s to access Youtube, Netflix, and other streaming services through Wifi. But it’s known that the Netflix Error NW-2-5 occurs there also. No worries! We have a fix for that. Follow the simple methods that I am going to give you now.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection to your Smart TV
It can be an awesome way if you know how to test the internet connection and its connectivity. Limited internet connections cause streaming issues on every device of course. The same can be the reason here also. And now, I am going to take you to the tutorial on How to Fix Netflix Code NW-2-5 on Smart TV/Apple TV, etc.
If you can’t check how to check all those connections and all, Just restart your network connection. That will help you remove the Limited version of the internet and help you access the Netflix servers without further more troubles.
Method 2: Restart your Smart TV
Rebooting the Smart TV on which we are trying to access Netflix Servers can be the easiest way. Believe me, it will help you resolve few hidden issues with your network or tv connections, etc. And the guidelines are as follows.
- Unplug your Smart TV from Power and Wait for Few minutes.
- Plug your Smart TV back in.
- Turn on your Smart TV.
- Connect your Smart TV with the Internet.
- Net accessing Netflix using Netflix App on your Smart Tv.
Smart Tv’s will be having the Netflix App. So you can give it a try and get connected to the Netflix Servers. So that you can get access to watch thousands of movies and shows without issues.
There are few more tricks that you can play with your Error Nw-2-5 Netflix. They are connecting the Modem or Ethernet to your device directly. Those simple steps also help you access Netflix Servers for Movies.
How to Fix Netflix Error NW 2 5 on Xbox 360/Xbox One in 2017
Hey, freak. End to your problems is on the way. If you are also one of the guys, who tries to access Netflix from Xbox 360/Xbox one. Xbox is one of the great gaming consoles for gamers. It’s been the best competitor for Playstation/Nintendo etc. Netflix is the best ever paid movie serving service in the world. Let us check how you can fix error Netflix NW-2-5. The methods are same for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Method 1 : Check Internet Connection in Xbox One/Xbox 360
Internet connection is being the biggest issues ever getting the data over web ever. It’s an important thing to have the better internet to avoid errors and get access to resources over the web. Let me help you check internet connectivity on your Xbox One or Xbox 360.
- Go to Settings from the Main Menu of Xbox 360 or Xbox One.
- Choose System and then Network Settings.
- Select Wireless or Wired Connections with which you are connected to the Internet.
- Click on Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Then click on Agree to Continue.
- Troubleshoot the connection if you are connected to the internet but not able to access the web.
- If you are not connected to the internet or the test failed. Just to Resolve Network Connection Issues.
Those are the simple steps to resolve the Netflix error code NW-2-5. If you are not connected to the internet in a sense, get the connection to your gaming console first. Or else, disconnect the device from the internet and restart your device. Reboot the Router and then establish the connection between your device and the wireless router.
Method 2: Configure the DNS of your Xbox One/Xbox 360
Few instructions that can help you resolve Netflix Error NW-2-5 by setting the DNS of Xbox 360/Xbox One. Follow the simple instructions that can take you to settle the issue.
- Click on Guide Button on your Xbox One/Xbox 360.
- Select Settings and then choose System Settings.
- Click on Network Settings now.
- Select your Network Connection and then Click on Configure Network.
- Select DNS Settings.
- Then click on Automatic.
- Turn off the Xbox One or Xbox 360 and wait for few minutes.
- Turn on the Xbox One or Xbox 360 now.
- Access Netflix and check if it works or not.
Hope that works!
It’s a big problem that cannot be solved by a human. It’s all easy if we concentrate for some time. Everything is created by people only. Those are the instructions that helped me resolve the Netflix issue on my Xbox One/Xbox 360.
So, guys, I Hope this guide can assist you in Fixing Netflix Error NW-2-5 in 2017 on various devices. The device can be Xbox One/360 or Smart Tv and Blue-ray Streaming player, Roku and Playstation 3/Playstation 4.
You can ask your doubts if you have any. Utilize the comments section to get answers to your doubts.