Netflix Error 1011 on iPad/iPhone or Android will occur due to Netflix App Crash. Netflix App Cache is one more reason that will generate Netflix error code 1011 on iOS Devices. Geographic location does not matter in getting this error of course. But mostly we can see this error in regions like North America and South America. There is a logic behind this geographical location based issues. Netflix is actually a US-based movie streaming service. Netflix is so popular worldwide. And of course, millions of users utilizing Netflix services from North and South America. The heavy load on the server will also cause this error in that region. Anyhow in this article, I will help you fix Netflix error 1011 on iPhone/iPad or Android and Windows.
- 1 How to Fix Netflix Error 1011 on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch on iOS 10.2.1/10.1.1 iOS 9.3.3/9.3.4/9.3.5
- 2 How to Fix Netflix Error 1011 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow/7.0 Nougat or Windows, Mac
Why Netflix Error 1011 Occurs on iOS, Android or Windows
The error code may look like,
There is a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again later (1011).
We can see the weak internet connection is also one of the causes of Netflix Error Code 1011. Server load will also create such kind of issues while fetching the data for users. Moreover, App Cache and the App Crash will be one of the leading causes of this 1011 Netflix Error. Let us check one on one in detail.
- Netflix App Crash.
- Netflix App Cache.
- Weak Internet Connection (Connectivity Issue).
Those are the major causes that will generate the Netflix Error. Check how you can resolve those issues on your iOS or Android device. You can do the same on your Windows or Mac device also.
How to Fix Netflix Error 1011 on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch on iOS 10.2.1/10.1.1 iOS 9.3.3/9.3.4/9.3.5
Restarting your iOS device is important. That will refresh the device and apps. And the dizziness of the apps will be refreshed to working state. Give it a try to the methods shared below after restarting the device.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
Internet connection will be a major problem sometimes. Poor internet connection will not allow you watch the movies and shows from Netflix. So test the internet speed and connectivity status on your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch.
Disconnect your device from the internet you are currently connected. Restart your device and reboot the router also if you are connecting the mobile through it.
Connect to the internet again by selecting the better working internet connection. Now test if the internet on your device is working fine or not. Visit www.netflix.com on your web browser. Go back to Netflix App if it’s working fine with your internet connection. Or else, you might need another internet connection.
Method 2: Reset Netflix App
Resetting the Netflix application on your iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch will resolve the problem. Try to follow the simple instructions to proceed.
- Open Settings App on your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch from Home Screen.
- Scroll down till you find Netflix App.
- Click on Netflix.
- Slide the Reset Toggle to On Position on your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch.
- Go back to Home screen of your iOS device by pressing the Home button.
- Close all apps that are currently processing in the background.
- Restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Open Netflix app on your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch device.
- Try to Stream Movies and Shows without error 1011 anymore.
This is the way to reset Netflix app on your iOS devices. Hope it will fix Netflix Error 1011 on iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone. Try to follow the next method if the error still exists.
Method 3: Re-Install Netflix App
Re-Installing the Netflix app is such a best method. Along with the Error 1011 Netflix, you can also fix Netflix Error 1012 on your iOS device. So follow the simple instructions to re-instal the Netflix on your iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch.
- Unlock your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Click and Hold on Netflix App on your iOS device until it shakes.
- Give a click on X mark and the Click on Delete option onscreen. That will delete the Netflix App.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Go to App Store.
- Search for Netflix App on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Click on Get App and Click on Install.
- Login with Apple ID and Password to authenticate the installation process.
- Open Netflix App on your iOS device and check if it’s streaming without errors.
It will be awesome if Netflix works without issues. Else you can try an alternative method to fix Netflix Error 1011 on iOS 10.2.1/10.1.1, iOS 9.3.3/9.3.4/9.3.5.
How to Fix Netflix Error 1011 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow/7.0 Nougat or Windows, Mac
Till now we have seen the tricks to fix 1011 on Netflix n iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. You may also get the same error on your Android Mobile and tablet. So here are the tips to resolve error 1011 Netflix on android, windows or mac.
Method 1: Restart your Device
Disconnect the internet connection on your Android mobile or tablet. Switch off your Android device for at least 10 minutes. Then reboot the device and wait a minute.
Connect to the Internet connection on your Android device.
Open Netflix app and try to watch movies. The error will be resolved if the issue is simple. Else you need to try out the methods shared below.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
Check the internet connection on your Android device. Sometimes, some Internet service providers will not allow you to watch Netflix. In such cases, changing the Internet connection on your Android device will help you a lot of course.
Restart the device first and connect to the new internet connection. Then give it a try to access the Netflix movies and shows on your Android device. It will super awesome if it works. Else you need to remove app cache and app data.
Method 3: Delete App Data and App Cache
App data will oppose you access the Netflix servers sometimes. So it is suggested to delete the app data first on your android mobile. By the way, it’s recommended to remove the app cache too. These are the instructions to proceed with this method.
- Click on Settings App from your Android Device.
- Click on Application Manager by scrolling down till you find that.
- Then, Choose Netflix by clicking on that.
- Click on Clear App Cache. Give a click on it and wait for few seconds.
- Click on Clear App Data. And wait for few minutes.
- Close all applications.
That’s it, guys! You can fix Netflix Error 1011 on Android Mobile, Tablet in 2017. You can also use this method to resolve the issue on your Windows or Mac computers. Hope you got my point. We all know that we can install Android apps on Windows and Mac computers using Android emulators. Whereas we may not be able to install windows or mac apps on Android. Following the same methods to fix Netflix error 1011 on windows, mac works like a charm.