Msxml.dll is a major DLL file associated with Office XP Professional on Widows computer. It works with Office Frontpage and which is developed by Microsoft Windows operating system. This DLL file allows multiple software programs to run flawlessly on a Windows computer. Dll files are very useful in every computer for various tasks. You will be getting Msxml.dll missing, or Msxml.dll not found errors on your computer when there is a problem with the file.
Let me help you fix the problem in such cases. Better know about the hazards which cause this DLL error on your Windows computer.
- 1 How to Fix Msxml.dll Msxml.dll Not Found Error on Your Windows Computer [All Possible Ways]
Understand Msxml.dll Missing Error
Missing or corrupted supporting files will produce this error on your Windows computer. Moreover, it has a lot more causes. Improper shut down of your windows computer will start the issue, and that will be developed into a big thing because of various faulty things that yo do by mistake. On the whole, your computer will generate the Msxml.dll is missing error. Broken Registry keys can be the biggest cause in some cases.
Malicious attacks on your windows computer will also generate Msxml.dll not found an error. As that malicious virus infection and the virus may delete the file from your Windows directory. Check More causes.
- Invalid or Corrupt Msxml DLL Registry Entry.
- Malicious Attacks.
- Uninstalling programs Removes the DLL file.
- Overwriting the current version with another version by a third party software.
- Hardware failure issues.
Those are the major causes that will generate the Msxml DLL not found error on Windows PC. Check various versions of the error codes on your computer. Let us know the format you are getting on your computer if you cannot find the one from the list given below.
Common Msxml.dll Not Found Error
- Msxml.dll Not Found.
- The file Msxml.dll is missing.
- Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\Msxml.dll.
- Msxml.dll Access Violation.
- This application failed to start because Msxml.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot register Msxml.dll.
- Cannot start Office XP Professional with FrontPage. A required component is missing: Msxml.dll. Please, Install Office XP Professional with FrontPage again.
You may see any one of the error types given above as you are here. Let us know if you can see any other kind of error message related to the file Msxml dll. Check different ways to resolve the error right away on your Windows computer. So that you can run Office XP FrontPage.
How to Fix Msxml.dll Msxml.dll Not Found Error on Your Windows Computer [All Possible Ways]
Method 1: Register Msxml DLL Using Microsoft Register Server Manually
This will be the impressive trick to resolve the Msxml DLL error in Windows XP/vista/7/8/8.1/10 PC or laptop. You need to register the file manually on your computer so as to fix the problem. You may see Cannot register Msxml DLL error on your computer when there is a conflict in registration. So, I suggest to do it manually though after getting the error.
- Click on Start Button or Press Windows Key.
- Click on Run box.
- Hit Control+Shift+Enter once.
- Click Yes in the prompt box.
- Now, type regsvr32 /u Msxml.dll.
- Hit Enter Once.
- That will Un-Register the DLL file on your computer.
- Now, type regsvr32 /i Msxml.dll.
- Hit Enter once.
- This will Re-register the DLL file on your computer now.
- Close all windows now.
- Restart your Windows computer to apply the changes.
That will be the simplest method to resolve the issue with the DLL file today. Let me give another alternative method that works like a charm if this does not please you at all.
Method 2: Repair Broken Registry Entries
It is the most powerful way to fix the broken registry keys on your Windows computer. I suggest you do not be silly with this approach as it’s a dangerous one. You may need to install Windows fresh copy if something goes wrong in between. Follow the instructions carefully and accomplish the task.
- Go to Start Menu or Press Windows button.
- Type Command in the search box under the start menu.
- Press Control+Shift+Enter buttons altogether once.
- Click Yes on the permissions Box.
- Type Regedit in the command prompt window and hit enter.
- In the registry editor, Click on the File that you want to repair. Choose the one with which we are struggling today.
- Go to File Menu >> Export.
- Select the destination to save Backup Registry Key.
- Selected Branch should be chosen in the field of categories.
- Click Save now.
- That’s it you have saved the backup file of the FrontPage related DLL file.
That is how you can keep the backup of the DLL file for future. Now, acquire the best registry error fixer to resolve the issue completely. I’m not suggesting you any particular tool here as I am not responsible if something goes wrong with the tools.
Method 3: Conduct a Malware Scan
It sounds simple yet powerful. Virus or Trojan and Malware could be the reason of faults with the Msxml.dll file. So, I suggest you get any antivirus program that works without any issues on your PC. Run a complete scan on your Windows computer. So that if there are any dangerous malware or files relating to the virus will be removed.
Method 4: Re-Install Office XP Professional with FrontPage Program
Simple but works efficiently. Sometimes issues with the installation of Office XP Professional with FrontPage program causes the DLL error. So removing the problem causing version and installing the latest version will solve the issue associated with the Msxml DLL file. The guidelines to do so are as follows.
- Right Click on the Start Menu for Start Context Menu.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Locate the Msxml_dll associated software or app from the list of Name column.
- Click on XP Professional Front Page software.
- Select Uninstall the software by following the onscreen instructions.
- Restart your Windows computer.
That is the simplest method to resolve the issue associated with the XP Professional FrontPage Program. Now, download the fresh copy of the XP Professional FrontPage file from the Microsoft official website. Install the software by following the guidelines given by Microsoft.
So, guys, those are the tremendously working method to fix Msxml.dll missing error in Windows XP/Vista or later. Let us know if you are not able to resolve the error with the methods we have shared above.