Windows update error can happen any number of times on your computer. These errors will not occur if you install Windows operating system latest version manually. But it will only occur when you try to install the updates online. There are various windows update errors and in which, error code 0x80072ee2 is also one of them. This error will occur on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 with the update feature you are having on your computer. The output of this error is nothing but, your PC will not be able to install the windows updates. No worries, here is a fix. In this article, I am going to help you fix error 0x80072ee2 in windows 10/8.1/7 32/64 bit.
Various causes cause this error code 0x80072ee2 on your Windows computer. Let me help you know all of them.
Understand Error 0x80072ee2 Windows 10 (Store)
This is a normal windows update error, and it can occur on any Windows computer. But the fact about the error is that it will only occur when you try to install the windows updates. The error message will appear in such a case when your windows computer is unable to connect to the update server. That is a regular thing, and it can happen on any computer, and there may be various reasons behind that.
As of I concern, the error code will appear when the computer is not able to connect to the updates server in a given time. It can happen because of various issues on your Windows computer.
The firewall may oppose you being connected to the windows update server. Slow internet connection will be the reason sometimes. And your ISP may have blocked specified DNS zones. Those are the few ways in which Windows computer encounters the error code 0x80072ee2 in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC 32/64 bit. Let’s check how we can resolve the issue in few minutes.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80072ee2 in Windows 10/8.1/7 | Resolve 0x80072ee2 Windows 10 Store Error
The error code that occurs when you try to install the windows updates and the error that occurs with windows store is almost same. Both of them are same in this case of course.
We have a handful of working methods to fix 0x80072ee2 windows 10 store error. And also the windows update error code 0x80072ee2 in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 in 2017.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection or Restart your ISP [Router]
Having a better internet connection is a must have requirement while installing windows updates. Otherwise, there are chances of getting such kind of errors when you try to install updates, etc. So, first check your internet connection. Before that, make sure that your computer is connected to the web by any means. It can be using Wireless Network or LAN Network, and it can be Modem also. If it is connected, then try browsing “www.google.com” in the web browser. If it works, you are connected. Else you have issues with your internet.
What if the browser loads very slowly when you ping www.google.com in a browser. Looking for the faster internet connection will be the best choice to make.
This a compelling method that works to fix error code 0x80072ee2 in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC. If you are not getting the internet, restart your router. Or remove the LAN cable and reconnect it to your computer.
Method 2: Check Firewall Settings
Firewall is flawless in protecting the computer from threats. The main aim and purpose of the firewall in any Windows computer are protecting the computer from the malware that enters into PC in various ways. So, there is a chance that the firewall on your PC restricts yours from being connected to the internet. So that causes problems with windows updates installation. I’m sure you are going to fix error 0x80072ee2 Windows 10 by making some changes to the firewall. Follow the step-by-step instructions then.
- Go to Start Menu on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 or in Windows 10. You can have the start menu by pressing the Windows key also.
- Click on the Control Panel which is one of the major elements of any windows computer.
- Type “Firewall” in the search bar which is there in the window of Control Panel.
- Click on Firewall that you can see from the search results.
- You can see “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” on the left side of the window.
- Authenticate the process with administrative credentials.
- Now, Click on Public Network Settings.
- Where you need to Click on “Turn off Windows firewall.” [This is not actually recommended]. But it’s important to fix 0x80072ee2 windows 10 update error.
- Now, Come back and click on Private Network Settings.
- Click on “Turn off Windows firewall.”
- Save the Changes.
- Restart your Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10 PC and then try again to install windows updates.
That will work if the problem is happening because of the firewall settings. The problem will not be solved if the error is not because of the firewall. Let’s check the instructions given below and proceed with them.
Method 3: Trusted Websites Zone
It sounds new for many people, yet it’s powerful. You might have gone through the word DNS and Restricted Websites. If you know any one of them, this method will come handy for you. Sometimes your computer may block the DNS or web address of Microsoft because of various security threats.
To avoid such problems and issues. You can add the Microsoft Windows update’s URL in the trusted websites zone. So that your computer will allow the PC to access those resources. Then you can have the windows updates without any struggle. Here are some steps to do that.
- Open Internet Explorer Web Browser on your Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10 PC.
- Click on Tools: Tools on Internet Options.
- Choose “Security Tab.”
- Click on Trusted Sites.
- Choose Sites.
- Require Server Verification for all sites in this zone. Uncheck that option to allow your PC not to check every time and verify all the time.
- Click on “Add this website to the zone.”
- Type “http://update.microsoft.com” there and “http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.”
- Click on Add button after adding those addresses given above.
- Click Ok and save the changes.
- Delete Cookies and Temporary Internet Files on your Web browser.
- Restart your Windows computer.
That solves your problem. Check back to install windows updates after your restart your Windows computer. And that’s it if it works. Else you may have to clean registry of your Windows computer. The registry will sometimes restrict you access resources like windows updates etc. I hope you are able to fix error code 0x80072ee2 in windows 10/8.1/7 as a result of the methods mentioned above. If it’s still not resolved, comment down.